I, the undersigned, submit the attached items of text, artwork, and/or related material (herein called "the Manuscript") to Judges Guild for evaluation. My signature at the bottom of this form signifies that I fully agree with the following terms:
1. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS OF SUBMITTOR: I understand that this document is only for the protection of Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine, and is not a contract or offer of employment or offer to purchase in any way. I understand that no commitments or obligations exist between myself and Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine except those expressed in this document. I acknowledge that many unsolicited materials, ideas, articles, stories, illustrations, maps, manuscripts and similar literary or artistic material are submitted to Judges Guild and Pegasus Magazine, and that many of these materials may be similar in nature or content to material previously submitted by others, or created or reviewed by your employees, associates, or contractors. I understand that Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine may be currently developing or considering developing products that are similar to this submission, and that, if so, these products may be published after this submission has been evaluated. I hereby release Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine from any liability relating to this situation. I understand that you have adopted the policy of not accepting any manuscript for review or consideration unless I have read, understood and accepted all provisions of this agreement. I understand that no confidential relationship is established by the submission of the Manuscript to you.
2. OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS: I certify that the attached Manuscript is my wholly owned intellectual property, that I am able to submit it for the purposes described in the Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine Submission Guidelines, and that it does not infringe upon the rights of any other party in any way. I have read and understood the Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine Submission Guidelines, and agree to the terms and procedures outlined within. I indemnify Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine from any misrepresentations herein. I understand that, should Judges Guild or Pegasus Magazine choose to publish this Manuscript, they may, at their option, edit this Manuscript in any way they see fit. I am of legal age to enter into a binding contract (age 18 in the US, higher if so determined by your local law, but not lower) and I am legally free to make agreements relative to this submission.
3. DELIVERY AND RETURN OF MATERIAL: I have retained at least one copy or duplicate of the Manuscript that I have submitted to you. I hereby release Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine magazine of and from any and all liability for loss of, or damage to, the copies of said Manuscript submitted to Judges Guild and/or Pegasus Magazine magazine hereunder. I understand that the Manuscript will not be returned to me unless I supply a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with sufficient postage to facilitate the return of said Manuscript to me. If this Manuscript is accepted for consideration of publication, I agree to promptly transmit an identical copy of the Manuscript in electronic form.
4. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS: I agree that you have no obligations to me, and that no other obligations exist or shall exist or shall be deemed to exist. I further acknowledge that at this time you have no intent to compensate me in any way and I have no expectation of receiving any compensation. I understand and agree that your use of property containing elements similar to or identical with protectible literary property contained in my Manuscript shall not obligate you to me in any manner if you shall have obtained such property either heretofore or hereafter from sources other than from me. If my Manuscript or any elements of my Manuscript is not new, unique, concrete or novel and/or is in the public domain and/or is not original with me, then as between you and me, I agree that you have the right to use such elements without any obligation to me whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, I claim right in the title of the Manuscript only as regards its use in connection with the Manuscript.
5. ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES: In the event of any dispute concerning any alleged wrongful use of Manuscript or a dispute with reference to this Agreement, its validity or effect, such dispute shall be submitted to arbitration in the State of Illinois and rules and regulations of the American Arbitration Association. Each party hereby waives any and all rights (whether for damages or for injunctive or other relief) and benefits which he or it might otherwise have or be entitled to under the laws of the State of Illinois to litigate in court any dispute, it being the intention of the parties to arbitrate all disputes in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
I hereby state that I have read and understand this agreement and that this agreement states our entire understanding. I release Judges Guild, Pyramid Magazine, Robert Bledsaw, and their agents, employees, and associates from all liability associated with this submission, without limitation.
SIGNED: ________________________________________________ DATE: ___________